Small group training has a lot of benefits. Besides being able to make some new friends – here are the reason why I really enjoy coaching my small group – but also reasons why you may enjoy it too!
- Economical. Personal training can be pricey, but jumping into a small group with similar goals you save on cost but still benefit from the one/one with a coach.
- Motivational. Its motivational to work out with motivated people. Simple. Small group training may not only push outside your comfort zone – in a safe environment guided by a skill coach – but also by your fellow comrades.
- One/one attention. Because of the small size group your coach is able to spend more time correcting form and providing feedback.
- Variety and Plan. Depending on the focus of your small group, your coach provide the expertise in variety of movements and progression of your fitness plan.
- Focus. Versus heading to the gym to do the “lil of this, lil of that” program. The structure of the small group session will keep you on track for your workout.
- FUN. It’s fun to work out with a small group of friends, or soon to be friends.
- Progression and RESULTS. Its great to see yourself improve – whether that be with technique or strength. I think this is my favourite point. I love creating a plan, coaching, and tracking the progression of my clients. If you don’t measure it – how do you know you are getting better?
I asked some of my small group training clients and this is what they liked about it:
“I like working out with people that try hard … it motivates me to try harder .Also it is cheaper than personal training but has a lot of the benefits of personal training ( accountability, technique feedback, progress monitoring and goal setting)”
“I benefit so much from small group. So many reasons but for me, it makes me do stuff I would NEVER attempt do on my own, add more weight than I would normally add, and I really appreciate the focus on technique so I can do the movements on my own later. Knowing that someone (or a small group) is meeting keeps me accountable and consistent timing-wise. Its also cost effective…bonus”
“I see a level of progression that I hadn’t seen in the past. (that is if I keep up with the routine!) Your comments of technique is probably the biggest reason on the progression. Also, the fun atmosphere makes the challenges easier to overcome.”
“I love small group training because we work on specific things that are beyond what you can do in a class and having others to motivate you. Makes is more fun especially when its really hard: Lift heavier than you can on your own for pure safety reasons.”