LIFE IS BUSY! right?
People today are super busy... I think we like to fill up our schedules as much as possible because we need to feel this level of business (busy = important? perhaps.) People should really be taking time for themselves. WHAT DOES THAT LOOK LIKE? I'm not even pushing taking time for working out (at this exact moment) but definitely taking time to do what you want to do and to achieve your own goals, whatever they may be.
Here are some fun ways to get your workout in:
1. Commute yourself to work, ride a bike, walk, run, take a car-2-go half way and then walk the rest... Rollerblade
2. Gals/guys night out? Try new yoga place, push babies up hills, play hockey rather then watch it, bike gangs!
3. Get up early and get your workout in pre work. 15-20 minutes of exercise in the morning can go a long ways. Try one Sweats Homework.
4. Work out at lunch. Embarrassed to be a little sweaty in front of your co-workers, invite them along too. Everyone sweats (wins).
5. Take the stairs/park at the back of the parking lot .
6. Get a personal trainer to tell you what you need to be doing and when. Take the guess work out and create some accountability. I have been working with a personal trainer for over 12 years... I like knowing what I am doing is going to get me to where I need to be.
7. Tape your favorite TV show and watch it later (sans commercials) . Better time management and you get to workout AND watch Modern family.... its like a reward.
These are just a few ways to get your exercise in. You want to maintain your fitness and making time for it a habit now - as it gets harder to get back to how you were in the good ol' days.
Time spent now on fitness pays off later!!