Here we are again Sweatster, it's FRIDAY. This week I had a fun little outing with some friends. We went out for a healthy dinner, and then took on COSTCO! It was awesome. I got to spend time with my friends, get some good healthy groceries AND see what my healthy fun loving friends like to get at costco. It was a great Tuesday evening. You may be thinking that something like that doesn't sound fun AT ALL, and that's ok, you can just scroll down to the workouts section. But for everyone else here is what one Tuesday evening, 3 friends and also $1000 can get you right now at Costco.
- goat cheese - feta cheese - chicken breasts - salmon - tuna steaks - ham - pork tenderloin - prosciutto - organic tomato soup (double pack)
- carrots - avocados - mini cucs - almond milk - bruscetta
- salsa - salmon burgers - elevate me bars - GF crackers - 4 pack organic pasta sauce - pesto sauce
- coconut butter
- cherry tomatoes
ok, i can't think of anymore. but it was really amazing.
1 min each for reps:
(rest 1 min)
Spaghetti Squash Noodle Bowl with OMG Sauce - Courtesy of www.paleoOMG.com
- 1 large spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon Paleo Chef Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- salt, to taste
- 3-4 cups spinach
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons sunbutter (or almond butter or tahini)
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Paleo Chef Sriracha
- ½ tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and place cut side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until spaghetti squash gives when you poke the outside skin.
- Remove the seeds and use a fork to remove the threads and place in a large bowl.
- In a large pan or dutch oven, add ground pork along with 1 tablespoons sriracha and 1 tablespoon coconut aminos and cook over medium-high heat. Break up pork into small pieces and cook until completely cooked through. Place ground pork in the bowl with the spaghetti squash.
- In the same pan with some of the fat rendered from the ground pork, add broccoli with a bit of salt.
- Cook broccoli until slightly browned, then cover with a lid to help steam. Once broccoli has steamed, add spinach and a bit more salt on top of broccoli and cover to help steam until spinach is cooked through and soft.
- Add pork and spaghetti squash to pan, mix it all together and keep on low to keep warm.
- Whisk all ingredients for the sauce together.
- Pour sauce onto spaghetti squash mixture and mix together until completely coated.