Happy Friday Sweatsters!!!
Hope everyone had a fabulous and fitness full week. Thanks to all that came out to the class Tuesday and Thursday. Good new - Sweatser Passes are in and looking good! Be sure to pick your up at the next class.
I know life gets busy or it rains... so whats better than a little at home work out?
Here is your weekend homework
5 rounds of 10 burpees, rest 1 min - practicing new burpees form.
Run 5km for time.
And when you are finished you can probably relate to these feelings - 30 Happiest Facts of all time.
31. Finished your Sweats in the City homework for the weekend!
So each week, in addition to the weekend workout, I thought it would be nice to post a weekend recipe. Something clean, healthy, refreshing, awesome etc that you can try with your friends.
1 head fresh cauliflower
1/4 teaspoon + 1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 large scallions
1 bunch chives
1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
1/3 cup fresh parsley leaves
6 peppadew peppers
1/3 cup large, pitted black olives
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Break the cauliflower into florets, removing the stems. Place the florets in the food processor bowl and pulse until the cauliflower looks like rice. This takes about 10 to 15 one-second pulses. You may need to do this in two batches to avoid overcrowding (which leads to mush).
2. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes. Add the cauliflower rice, reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid, and let it gently cook for about 5 minutes, until just tender. Remove from heat and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Transfer to a medium bowl; add lemon juice and olive oil. Mix well and place in refrigerator to cool while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
3. While the rice is chillin’ in the fridge, get busy on the rest of the veggies. Thinly slice the green and white parts of the scallion. Mince the chives. Coarsely chop the basil and parsley. Cut the peppers into eighths and the olives into quarters. Place everything in a large mixing bowl and toss with two wooden spoons to combine. Add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, the black pepper, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss again.
4. Remove the cauliflower rice from the fridge and mix with the veggies. Toss to combine, then return to the fridge to allow flavors to meld for about an hour. This hold up very well in the refrigerator and four days after I made my batch, it still tasted great.